Effective as of/Last updated on April 1, 2019
Types of Data Collected
Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the Services you request as well as those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the Services provided on the Site or to support your request;
- To contact you from time to time with updates, new features or additional Services;
- To send other messages that help us provide our services on the Site;
- To assist people you have done (or have agreed to do) business with from time to time. For example, we may pass on certain of your information as a lister to a host that has booked, or inquired about, your property. Similarly, if you are a Host, Broker/Agent, Landlord or Owner and a user needs to contact you, you agree that we may give them your contact details;
- To customize, measure, report on and improve our Services, content and advertising;
- To promote Services related to the Site or those of Coeo and/or our affiliates;
- To compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties;
- To prevent, investigate or prosecute activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful;
- If you are a Host, Broker/Agent, Landlord or Owner, we may also display your phone number, name and company name on the listing itself so that users may contact you;
- We may also contact you about your account and your use of our Services;
- To share with a third party performing Services on our behalf, such as to process payments;
- To disclose such information to other companies we work with to feature all or part of the property listings or otherwise provide promotional or other services related to Coeo’s business. This might include featuring your listings, videos and photographs on other websites; and
- To allow any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook or Twitter—if you have asked us to connect with your social media account.
Our Use of Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service via your computer web browser, or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's internet protocol address (“IP address”), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Site by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Our Use of Tracking & Cookies Data
How We Use Your Information
Transfer of Your Data
Disclosure for Legal Reasons
Coeo may disclose your personal data if we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation or governmental order;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Coeo;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service or use of the Site;
- protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; or,
- protect against legal liability.
Our Use of Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We also use surveys to collect information about our users. From time to time, we request users' input in order to evaluate potential features and services. The decision to answer a survey is completely yours. We use information gathered from surveys to improve our Services.
When you download or use apps relating to our Site, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you consult your device’s manual, or contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Inquirie and Other Electronic Communications
Users may send inquiries to Hosts, Brokers/Agents, Landlords or Owners via clickable links on the listings on a Site. Further, travelers and property owners or managers may communicate with each other via tools on a Site. If you choose to send an inquiry or booking request through these links, your personal information, including your email address and any other information you supply (unless the Site specifies otherwise), will be visible to the property owner or manager in question so that they might reply directly to you. Your details may also be sent to us and we have access to those communications even if you contact the property owner or manager directly. If property owners or managers and travelers further engage in communications through a Site, we also have access to those communications, which we monitor for compliance and security purposes. Additionally, those inquiries and messages may be hosted on, be processed by or transmit through our servers. If you engage in such communications and call the other party, you may be asked to leave a return telephone number. Do not share information in the e-mail or phone call that you are not prepared to allow such person and Coeo to have, including, but not limited to, credit card and bank account information. In addition, inquiries and messages can be sent to the individual member you selected and to our system. Our customer service team may share such communications with property owners or managers in order to provide our Services. We may also, from time to time, use third party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of such communications, and analyze the pattern of such communications for trust and security purposes, as well as to gather data, such as inquiry and booking data (on an anonymous basis), to assist us in better understanding our business and customer base.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It?
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- To ensure no one else uses the Site while your machine is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi or shared access connection you are using);
- To log off or exit from the Site when not using it;
- Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network; and
- To maintain good internet security.
You are responsible for keeping all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular, make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. In case of your account being compromised, you agree to tell us as soon as possible so that we can take appropriate measures, as needed.
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the Internet is not secure. As a result, others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data, and Coeo is not liable or responsible for any unlawfully intercepted or accessed transmissions beyond our immediate control.
Phishing or False emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or a host, agent/broker, Landlord or Owner that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a "phisher" or "spoofer." We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us immediately upon receiving a spoofed or phishing email from what appears to be Coeo’s servers.
How do I correct or update my information?
If you are a Host, Broker/Agent, Landlord or Owner, the best way of seeing any personal information processed by us is to log on to your account by using the ‘List Space’ tab at the top of the screen. You can see your basic details and correct or update them there at any time to suit you. We also want to give you the opportunity to identify any inaccuracies in any other information we hold about you. Where possible, if we're told about the inaccuracy of any personal information, we will make appropriate corrections. You can ask to see, update or amend any information we hold on you by contacting us using the information below. We may not be able to delete your personal information without also deleting your user account. You will not be permitted to examine the personal information of any other person or entity. In order to verify your identity, you may be required to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete personal information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
We will honor any legal right that you have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by the applicable state, federal, or national law (outside of the United States), please contact us using the information below.
How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
We will contact you from time to time for marketing purposes. Unless you have opted out, this could include contacting you by phone or email.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
- Contact us via email or phone;
- Follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter;
- Use the unsubscribe function; or
- Mail the request to us at 347 Northgate Drive, Warrendale, PA 15086.
Please remember that if you change your preferences it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective.
How long will we keep your personal data?